Saturday, December 26, 2015

December Catch-Up

Happy holidays everyone! I haven't posted since Thanksgiving, but you know how it is with secret projects and this time of year is just BUSY! Today I have lots to share though!

First I tried my hand at some painting... I was very bored with no other projects to work on. It was a fun diversion, but I will stick to sewing.


My mom and I worked on some secret sewing for my little sister...
I have been dying to share this! We gave it to her at Christmas yesterday so now you can all see it too! It is tied, not quilted and had been folded up for a couple of weeks... so you'll have to forgive the wrinkles.

I also made these little sock guys for my students. They took about 4 hours to make 16 and a pound of rice each. There are tutorials all over pinterest! They turn out so cute.

 
 
 
I also made a couple of pot holders! So fun and only took around 1 1/2 hours!

 

 
 
 
Here are a couple of table runners. For the Christmas table runner I just used 3 ten inch star blocks and sewed them together, then quilted using swirls on my home machine. The other is another 10 minute table runner I made for my Grandma.
 


I can't forget about cookies.... my husband helped me make these cute swirl cookies. Of course I made lots of other cookies too but I was having too much fun baking with family and forgot to take pictures. Oops.
I also made this cute stocking for my dogs with some fabric my mother-in-law gave me a few years ago.
 
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas filled with family and fun! Have a fantastic New Year! I also have links to tutorials for many of the things I have posted today... if there is a specific project you want a link for let me know in the comments. I was just hoping to keep today's post sweet and simple!

1 comment:

  1. Great project. I'm impressed you had some to make such fancy cookies with all that sewing!

    ReplyDelete