Saturday, January 30, 2016

Valentine's Day Table Runner

I have to confess that I am a little obsessed with these 10 minute table runners. I now have 4 of them. One for spring, fall, Christmas, and now Valentine's day. I just love making these!
 
 Here is a close up so you can see the fabric I used a little better. I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby. I searched for close to a month for some cute heart fabric and just came across this today.

 
 
I also sewed this block. It is the Winter Star Block from the book Farm Girl Vintage. I have two other blocks using similar colors already cut out ready to sew. I think I am going to sew the three blocks together to make a table runner, but if I really love them I may just go out and buy some more fabric in similar colors and make a throw.

 
 
So, I am a bit of a napper. When I watch TV I am pretty destined to fall asleep for at least part of whatever I am watching. The other night I fell asleep at 6:30 and my dear husband just left me sleeping... so I woke up at 2:30 AM. I had gotten my 8 hours and there was no going back to bed. You may be wondering, what do you do at that time of night?! I don't know about you, but I made pie.
 

I splurged and bought a food processor last weekend and have been using it for everything. I made biscuits first. They turned out so much better than when I have tried making them before. The food processor cuts in the butter perfectly!!! So, of course I had to try making a pie crust! I used this recipe. It calls for shortening, but I just used butter. It turned out great. I also tend to over mix my crumb topping, so I thought I should probably just make that in the food processor, too! My husband thinks I am crazy to be this excited about a kitchen appliance... but it really is so handy!

I hope to do some more crafting/baking this week so stay tuned to see what I share next.






No comments:

Post a Comment