Sunday, November 6, 2016

Forest Fancy


I love fall. It is probably my favorite season. The leaves changing color and crunching under my feet while I walk the dogs just makes me smile. I also LOVE cutesy owls. I saw this quilt all done up in a local quilt shop and it made me smile, so I bought the kit. It only took about a week of after school sewing from start to finish to complete the top. I would have had it done sooner, but I ran out of thread while quilting it so I had to wait until I could get more matching thread to finish. I quilted it on my home machine using a meander. I am very happy with how the quilting turned out. This is the largest quilt I have attempted to quilt on my own using my free motion foot. I have quilted on other quilt this size but I used a zig-zag stitch and my walking foot and just did lines across the quilt. The only tweak I made was not putting the leaves on the pumpkins. I just didn't like the way they looked so I skipped them. Now that I have finished this one I am looking forward to doing some Christmas/Winter sewing. I have the stuff for a really fun festive apron and a quilt. I can't wait to share!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cute fall project!
    Hope you enjoyed some hand stitching time today!

    ReplyDelete